Athletic Minds is committed to a high level of data protection and privacy. This policy sets out how we handle the personal information of our donors, beneficiaries, volunteers, employees, and other stakeholders.
This policy applies to all personal data processed by Athletic Minds and is in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Data Protection Principles
Athletic Minds adheres to the following principles when processing personal data:
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency: Data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently.
- Purpose limitation: Data is collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes.
- Data minimisation: We only collect data that is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- Accuracy: We keep personal data accurate and up to date.
- Storage limitation: Data is kept no longer than is necessary for its intended purpose.
- Integrity and confidentiality: Data is processed in a manner that ensures its security.
Data Subject Rights
Individuals whose data we process have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data.
- The right of access to their personal data.
- The right to rectification of inaccurate personal data.
- The right to erasure of personal data in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to processing of personal data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Data Collection and Use
- We collect personal data for various purposes, including processing donations, communicating with supporters, and delivering services.
- Personal data collected may include names, contact details, financial information, and other relevant information.
- Consent is obtained for the collection and use of personal data, and individuals are informed of the purpose for which their data is used.
Data Sharing and Transfer
- Personal data may be shared with third-party service providers for purposes such as payment processing and IT support.
- Data transfers to countries outside the European Economic Area are conducted in compliance with data protection laws.
- Athletic Minds implements appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of personal data.
- Regular reviews and audits are conducted to ensure compliance with this policy and data protection laws.
Training and Awareness
- All staff and volunteers handling personal data are provided with data protection training.
- Awareness of data protection responsibilities is promoted throughout the organisation.
Policy Review and Updates
- This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required to ensure ongoing data protection compliance.
- Changes to the policy are communicated to all staff and relevant stakeholders.
For any inquiries regarding data protection, please contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 07912 078900
- Address: Athletic Minds Foundation, Unit 16E, Sowerby Bridge Business Park, Victoria Road, Sowerby Bridge HX6 3AE.
Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
We regularly review our compliance with this policy and adhere to the appropriate data protection regulations. We also cooperate with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or other relevant regulatory authorities in the event of any data protection issues.